Sunday, April 13, 2014

Visiting Heaven’s Throne Room - Part 2



My second near-death experience occurred a year later on April 1, 1998. The circumstances about this situation occurred over a long period of time. I have a condition called Factor V Leiden which is a congenital blood clotting condition that I didn’t know about at the time. I had been having significant hormonal issues that had been going on for over 10 years when I decided to go to the doctor. Unfortunately I chose to go to a doctor that did not know much about female problems or hormonal issues and just put me on birth control pills to “deal with” one of the symptoms I was experiencing at the time. Birth control pills, it just so happens, can be deadly to someone with Factor V Leiden. As a result of being on birth control pills for two months (with no resolution of my symptoms by the way), I developed a significant DVT (deep vein thrombosis/blood clot) in my left leg. After going to a new doctor at a different hospital in Fort Worth, I was told I had pulled a muscle in my leg. Over the course of two more weeks, my leg blew up like a balloon (3x its original size). After going back to the doctor, they performed an ultrasound, confirmed massive blood clots in my leg and I was admitted to the first long two week stay in the hospital. This was when I called my mother with my non-April Fool’s joke about being admitted to the hospital. 

Unbeknownst to me, I had suffered a PE (pulmonary embolism ) about 3 days before that, according to my doctor, that should have killed me. While working at my job in Arlington as an Marketing Account Manager, I had suddenly experienced a moment of severe pain in my chest where I had the very clear feeling that my heart stopped (like 5 seconds…very short) followed by a two-minute period where I felt like I couldn’t breathe. The moment passed just as quickly as it happened. I didn’t feel very well for the rest of the day but I still went to the gym (yes, I went to work out!) and got short of breathe while doing water aerobics and doing 20 minutes on the elliptical. I decided to go home early.  I made the appointment to see my doctor the next morning for April 1st

My near death experience didn’t happen until April 1st when I was confined to my hospital bed. I wasn’t allowed to get up for fear that the blood clot in my leg would break loose and go through my heart and into my lung causing my death. What we didn’t know at the time was that had already happened! I was technically feeling fine that night but I had significant fear come upon me that night that forces in the spiritual realm wanted my death (and these were not friendly forces, people!). People get weird when you start using words like demons or demonic spirits, or demonic angels. But, well, that’s what they were! But in the midst of that fear and overwhelming sense of demonic oppression, Jesus came to me for the 2nd time in my life. He appeared in the corner of my hospital room and told me that I would not die and that I was anointed to speak and teach His Word.” That was it. He was gone. Over the next two weeks, we discovered the PE. The doctor told my mom that he thought that the reason I clotted was because I had cancer which caused huge fear in my mom. But I already knew that I didn’t have cancer. I just knew. Don’t ask me how. I didn’t find out until I was pregnant with Daniel, almost 12 years later, that the reason for my clotting was because of Factor V Leiden.

So what about my visit to Heaven? The story concludes with Part 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment